Georgia Tech's Bolden given 3-game suspension
- No. 1 Arizona shakes slow start in rout
- No. 4 Badgers match best start since '93
- Smith has 19 as No. 3 Ohio State rolls
- Irish upset at home by North Dakota St.
- No. 11 Kentucky hands Boise first loss
ATLANTA (AP) Georgia Tech guard Chris Bolden has been suspended for the first three games of the season for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
Coach Brian Gregory announced Friday that Bolden, a sophomore, will miss three games, including the Nov. 8 opener against Presbyterian. Also included in the suspension is a game at Georgia on Nov. 15 and an exhibition game before the season.
Bolden averaged 7.3 points in 31 games as a freshman last season. He is one of four returning starters for the Yellow Jackets.
Gregory says "there has to be accountability" when "certain standards" are not met by players.
Updated September 20, 2013