No. 5 Georgia loses LB Vasser with shoulder injury
- Oklahoma State won't hold spring game
- Vandy's Mason ready for spring practice
- Miami OL Knighton out of hospital
- Dolphins owner to pay $400M in upgrades
- Huskers WR Turner spends time at QB
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) Georgia outside linebacker Chase Vasser will have surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder and miss the remainder of the season.
Vasser has 19 tackles, including four for losses, in five games. He was suspended for the first two games. He started in two of his five games but hasn't played in No. 5 Georgia's last three games.
Georgia announced Wednesday Vasser will have surgery on Tuesday at Athens' St. Marys Hospital.
Georgia's director of sports medicine Ron Courson says Vasser is expected to make a full recovery.
The Bulldogs play Georgia Southern on Saturday.
Updated November 14, 2012