No. 5 Georgia loses LB Vasser with shoulder injury
- Texas' Brown: Situation has not changed
- Winston wins Walter Camp, Davey O'Brien
- Tide's McCarron takes home Maxwell Award
- BC's Williams wins Doak Walker Award
- Texas A&M regents approve Sumlin's deal
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) Georgia outside linebacker Chase Vasser will have surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder and miss the remainder of the season.
Vasser has 19 tackles, including four for losses, in five games. He was suspended for the first two games. He started in two of his five games but hasn't played in No. 5 Georgia's last three games.
Georgia announced Wednesday Vasser will have surgery on Tuesday at Athens' St. Marys Hospital.
Georgia's director of sports medicine Ron Courson says Vasser is expected to make a full recovery.
The Bulldogs play Georgia Southern on Saturday.
Updated November 14, 2012