Georgia loses another defensive player to NFL
- Iowa State facing QB questions in spring
- Vandy names Maile defensive line coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 2011 workout
- Oklahoma State won't hold spring game
- Miami OL Knighton out of hospital
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) Another Georgia defensive player is heading to the NFL.
Junior nose tackle Kwame Geathers informed the school Wednesday that he plans to enter the draft with a year of eligibility remaining.
This past season, Geathers played in all 14 games and finished with 40 tackles, including five for losses and a sack, along with a blocked field goal. He had eight starts and 61 tackles in his career.
The Bulldogs, coming off a second straight Southeastern Conference East title, will have big holes to fill on the defensive side next season. They're also losing nose tackle John Jenkins and safeties Bacarri Rambo and Shawn Williams.
Updated January 10, 2013