Georgia safety Harvey-Clemons dismissed from team
- Mariota's 5 TDs lead Oregon by Cal 59-41
- Judge halts NJ sports betting plan
- Hedrick's 410 yards, 4 TDs lift Boise
- Kiel hurts ribs again, Cincy beats USF
- Utah to start Wilson at QB against USC
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) Georgia strong safety Josh Harvey-Clemons, who missed the Bulldogs' Gator Bowl loss to Nebraska following his second suspension of the season, has been dismissed from the team.
Coach Mark Richt announced Harvey-Clemons' dismissal in a brief statement released by Georgia on Tuesday.
Harvey-Clemons also was suspended for Georgia's opening game against Clemson. Each suspension followed what Georgia reported as an undisclosed violation of team rules.
Harvey-Clemons had 66 tackles, an interception and a team-leading three fumble recoveries as a sophomore in 2013.
Updated February 18, 2014